Friday, May 20, 2011

Stargazing at the Cannes Film Festival


Cannes, France
Every May, the movers and shakers of the film industry come to Cannes for the annual international film festival.  Since we’re nearby, we decided to check it out for ourselves.  While we didn’t see an actual screening (let’s face it…since I came along my folks don’t often see the inside of a movie theater), we got a chance to spend the day in Cannes to get a taste of the lights, camera, and action that have converge upon this beach town.

All of the big stars are here for the festival: George, Brad, Angelina, Penelope, Leonardo, Johnny. I don’t even need to spell out their last names because you know who I’m talking about. You might be wondering if I saw any famous people. Well, you’ll be happy to know that I did, and I have the pictures to prove it!  Check it out:
OMG! It's Lightning McQueen! Ca-chow!
It's Mater - the funniest car in Radiator Springs!
I can’t believe that I met THE Lightning McQueen and his sidekick Mater! Cars 2 is coming to theaters on June 24th and I’m so excited! Best of all, Mommy and daddy have promised to take me to see it when we return to the States so I don’t have to wait for the DVD. Awesome! 

Like I said, Cannes is a beach town so we ate lunch at a great beachside restaurant. While I played in the sand, mommy and daddy enjoyed an excellent meal, a bottle of rosé and lots of people-watching including the Italian-version of “Mommie Dearest” and…wait for it…naked sunbathers! Oohlala! J’dore France! Daddy and I didn’t want to leave but mommy insisted we see the red carpet before the paparazzi and crazy fans made it impossible for us to get photos. It’s a good thing that we listened to mommy because we got great pics in front of the red carpet. I think we look faaaaabulous!

Well, off to bed. Daddy and Stefan are waking up early tomorrow to bike the long loop and see the sun rise over the Alps. Hopefully, he’s able to capture photos of this magnificent view.

Love,
Griffin
Daddy claims to be keeping an eye on me...
...but mommy doubts this is possible since that woman just took off her top. LOL!
High fashion on the red carpet! My ensemble by Crewcuts & mommy is in Banana Republic. 
I'm a serious actor and my red carpet close-up proves it.
Festival de Cannes 2011 billboard

No comments:

Post a Comment